“Support for structured policy dialogue, coordination of the implementation of the Association Agreement and enhancement of the legal approximation process”
AMP ID: 8721174013475
The wider objective of the project is to increase the capacities of the Government of the Republic of Moldova and other key national institutions in implementing the EU-Republic of Moldova Association Agenda.
This project envisages support to key Moldovan public institutions (strengthen core institutions capacities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration, State Chancellery, Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, Ministry of Finance and Parliament), civil society, business and expert community in continuous joint reflection on the priorities, conceptualisation, formulation and implementation of policies, strategies and action plans in order to ensure good governance as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of the public institutions' decision-making processes - particularly in the focal areas of EU support. The assistance will provide with technical expertise in all domains not covered by EU or other development partners, as well as support for enhanced legal approximation process by building capacities of the Moldovan civil service (including Centre for Legal Approximation as focal institution). The policy development dimension of the process will be covered under this activity, notably for adequate budgeting of strategic frameworks as well as operational plans in order to ensure their feasibility.
Activity 1.1 Consultative mechanisms with businesses, civil society, expert community as well as citizens at large are further enhanced;
Activity 1.2 Assess the availability and quality of information related to the implementation of the AA/DCFTA, including in terms of outcomes and impact as well as benefits for the citizens and provide recommendations for improving the data;
Activity 1.3 Support the implementation of the recommendations mentioned above;
Activity 1.4 Enhance the capacities of MFAEI, SC and other relevant institutions for the planning, coordination and implementation of communication activities related to the reforms linked with AA/DCFTA;
Activity 1.5 Support communication and awareness raising activities regarding the reforms linked with the AA/DCFTA among public bodies, businesses and expert community as well as civil society.
Activity 2.1 Assist the relevant institutions with the development of national implementation plan of the AA, policy advise and on-job training for the development, implementation, monitoring of and reporting on sectoral plans, prioritisation of actions for the short, medium and long term implementation, including with impact assessment, costing of the strategies;
Activity 2.2 Capacity building, mainly through on-job training, to relevant institutions in social and economic impact of reforms linked with the implementation of AA/DCFTA;
Activity 3.1 Support the enhancement of the system for legal approximation process and of the institutional capacities for its implementation.
Activity 3.2 Support the relevant institutions in regular analysis of the incoming needs in terms of legal approximation with the EU acquis and the necessary expertise, assistance in identifying and defining internal and external sources of expertise ;
Activity 3.3 Provision of pool of experts for specific topics linked with the implementation of the Association Agreement;
Activity 3.4 Capacity building, including on-job training, to the Centre for Legal Harmonisation and the Legal Department of the Parliament for ensuring compliance of legislation with EU acquis.
Activity 3.5 Peer exchanges, internships related to the legal approximation process with EU MSs and Eastern partnership countries signatories of an AA;
Activity 4.1 Support to the upgrade of the IT systems based on the existing technical specifications;
Activity 4.2. Capacity building to the relevant IT staff of the beneficiary institutions enabling them to autonomously operate, maintain and develop the systems after the end of the project;
Activity 4.3 Capacity building to the users in the relevant public institutions
Component 1. Further enhancement of structured policy dialogue is provided with civil society involvement by promoting the use of existing mechanisms
Component 2 Improved policy development mechanisms for adequate budgeting of strategic documents as well as action plans in order to ensure feasibility;
Component 3. Technical expertise is provided throughout sectors to enhance the legal approximation process;
Component 4. IT systems in the public administration supporting the implementation of the Association Agreement are upgraded, including in terms of security and integrity
- Consultative mechanisms with businesses, civil society, expert community as well as citizens at large regarding the implementation of the AA/DCFTA are enhanced;
- Timely and qualitative information on the implementation of the AA/DCFTA is available, including in terms of outcomes and impact as well as benefits for the citizens;
- The EU-Republic of Moldova coordination structures are provided with timely and qualitative information on the implementation of the AA/DCFTA;
- The capacities of MFAEI and SC as well as other relevant institutions to guide external and internal to the administration information and communication campaigns about the reforms linked with the implementation of the AA/DCFTA are strengthened;
- The system for planning, monitoring and reporting related to the reforms linked with the implementation of the AA/DCFTA is enhanced;
- The AA/DCFTA requirements are embedded into the National and sector development plans with an estimation of cost and sources of financing as well as input / output / outcome / impact progress indicators;
- Capacities of the MFAEI, SC, MoF, Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, the Parliament and other relevant public institutions for the identification, planning and implementation of the priorities for the implementation of the AA/DCFTA are enhanced;
- Multi-annual and annual budget is based on assessment of financing needed for the implementation of the AA/DCFTA
- The capacities of relevant staff within the MFAEI, SC (especially the CLA), MoF, Parliament and other public institutions related to the legal approximation are enhanced;
- The required quality, timeliness and compliance with the EU acquis of legislative acts, aimed by the legal approximation, is ensured;
- Capacities of the relevant staff of the CLA as well as the Parliament Legal department for ensuring compliance with the EU acquis are strengthened;
- A quality IT infrastructure necessary for planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the implementation of the AA as well as the relevant National implementation plans is available and in use;
- Timely and qualitative information is available for the implementation of the AA/DCFTA and the relevant National implementation plans.
Activity is Off Budget
Organizations and Project IDs: